Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How to keep Cilantro(Coriander) fresh for longer time

Cilantro/coriander leaves can add a distinct taste to your dish.But storing it for longer time seems to be a bit challenging.I tried several ways and finally got the right way to store cilantro in fresh state for a month or even more.I usually get 3-4 bunches of cilantro together from Farmers market.Here is the trick to keep them fresh-

1.After getting cilantro from market,dry each bunch properly with tissue paper and then keep them under fan for 1/2 an hour so that all water is completely dried.This is done because the main reason for cilantro to get spoiled is water in the leaves which in due course of time turn the leaves black.So no water means they will remain fresh for much longer time.

2.Once all the water is dried from cilantro,take a newspaper and roll the cilantro inside it.Keep this in a zip lock bag.Now keep this zip lock bag in fridge.

3.Check every 2 days and remove any yellow/black leaves if present.

4,That is it.This way you can keep them green and fresh for even a month or more.Try this and let me know if you have any questions.

11 comments:

  1. I do this too...keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pooja, Came here through foodie blogroll. You have a nice little space, and the tips are interesting, even I do it like that.Infact you can keep spinach and other greens also like that.
    Drop by whenever you have time, pls leave me a note so that I know you visited.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip!
    Wonder if it will work for other green herbs.
    Found you through the foodie blog roll, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend and I *love* cilantro, so this will definitely come in handy - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip!!!Thanks for sharing pooja...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup! indeed....... Ur blog is all Indian & feel proud to be here....As I had been following what u write, for some time now...
    Kindly collect ur Beers to you!!!!! award from my blog,
    Ash....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a good tip.. i didnt know cilantro was the same as corrainder..


    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Webmaster,

    Warm Greetings!

    Today I visited your site and found it to be really informative. I'mhighly pleased to see the comprehensive resources being offered by yoursite.

    It’s indeed very informative, Kudos to you for the Great Work! I want to introduce new shopping and coupon sites where you will findthe best deals and coupons online. Our site gives unique deals and Saves youton of money.

    I request you to please publish our anchor text to your home page (blogssites), what will be your cost to add lifetime link. (I am more interested inbuying links rather than link exchanges.) It will be highly appreciable if you let me know that when my anchortext will be publish. Please also tell me the procedure to publish our link to your home pagefor life time. Also, if you have any questions or need anything in return feel free to contact me at fadvertiser@gmail.com.

    Warm Regards,

    Faisal Awan

    ReplyDelete

If you like any recipe or have any questions regarding any recipe,please let me know.